This project provides guidance on how to build an autonomous 2WD (two wheel dirve) robot. The robot is equipped with a Raspberry Pi 4 B running ROS melodic, attached sensors and an actuator to let the robot drive autonomously to a desired location. To find its way around it uses a camera and an ultrasonic sensor to avoid obstacles. The project is split into multiple parts, to adress the following main aspects of the robot.
- Part list and assembly of the robot platform and the components.
- Raspberry Pi 4 B setup using ROS melodic, which will be the brain of the robot.
- System integration: combining the components.
The menu on the left shows this outline again.
Helpful resources to bring your own robots into ROS are:
- Understand ROS Concepts
- Follow ROS Tutorials such as Using ROS on your custom Robot
- Programming Robots with ROS A Practical Introduction to the Robot Operating System form O’Reilly Media